Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Basic Knit Scarf

Me modeling the first scarf I ever made.
In my first ever post here on my knitting blog titled, I'm A Knitting Newbie!!, I showcased a picture of the knit cuffs that I made using Lion Brand's Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® yarn in Denim. 

After I completed the knit cuffs, I decided that I would make a matching scarf to go with the knit cuffs by using the same colored Lion Brand's Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® yarn in Denim for the scarf. 

I also used the same sized knitting needles and knitted the scarf using the knit stitch (aka the garter stitch) throughout the knitting process to give the knit cuffs and scarf a uniform/matching look. The scarf turned out longer than I would have made it otherwise as the pattern suggested making the scarf 2 yards (or 6 feet) in length. In the future, I'd make the scarf about 5 feet in length instead as I feel that would be long enough for the length of a scarf.

I used a free Lion Brand Pattern to make the scarf you see me wearing in the above photograph, which you can search for on the Lion Brand website and download as a pdf file. I'm not sure how to attach a pdf file to this blog post if that's even possible... But a beginning knit scarf pattern of your liking should be easy enough to find through the Lion Brand website.

No comments:

Post a Comment