Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Beginning Arm Knitting --- Learn How To Make An Infinity Scarf!

Me modelling an infinity scarf I made for my mom.
Who knew that you could use your arms to knit beautiful infinity scarves?!?!? I was excited to learn about arm knitting last Fall. I absolutely love arm knitting and have already made ten different infinity style scarves in various lengths, colors, and styles. 

Arm knitting is fun, fast, and very easy to do!! It's a great way to make beautiful, chunky, infinity style scarves for yourself and others... In fact, this past holiday season, I actually made several arm knitted scarves to give as gifts to a few family and friends. The scarves were a hit.

Arm knitting is also a great way to teach kids how to knit and not have to worry about them poking themselves (or others) accidentally with knitting needles... Plus, as I already mentioned, arm knitting makes for a reasonably fast knitting project for both kids and adults to complete in a short amount of time.

To make the exact same arm knitted scarves I made and am wearing in the two photographs I've included in this post, please watch the Michaels Stores arm knitting video. This arm knitting project is great for beginning knitters and it only requires two skeins of bulky yarn in the color of your choice to complete.





I used Loops & Threads® Cozy Wool™ Yarn from Michaels. I made one arm knitted scarf in the Caribbean Sea color and another scarf in the Earth color. 

I think it took me approximately an hour to complete each scarf from start to finish. This project makes a great scarf that is warm and comfortable to wear during the Winter months.

Have you tried arm knitting yet? Tell me about your experience with arm knitting. 

Happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment