Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Learn To Arm Knit by Leisure Arts (Book Review)

Paperback Book For Arm Knitting
I purchased Learn To Arm Knit by Leisure Arts through Joann Fabrics and Craft Stores website for 40% off the cover price. This book seems more of a pamphlet than a book and is 32 pages in length. This book is for beginners and also offers an online video tutorial on how to arm knit as well.

I've made several arm knitted scarves so far and given some of them away as gifts. Arm knitted scarves are fun, fast, and easy to make. I am now an avid arm knitter and loving promoting this knitting technique!

Arm knitting is also a great way to teach kids how to knit as you don't have to worry about them poking themselves or others accidentally with knitting needles.

Learn to Arm Knit by Leisure Arts also offers a photo gallery with various arm knitted scarves in different colors and an index of which yarns were used to make each scarf using the technique outlined in the book.

I also enjoyed the reading the instructions on how to make a very cute looking scarf using a finger crocheting technique, which I haven't tried doing yet.

Me modeling one of my arm knitted scarves.
Even though, I enjoyed reading Learn to Arm Knit by Leisure Arts and adding it to my permanent collection of knitting books, I am glad I didn't pay full price for this book. I felt that there wasn't anything revolutionary in it that couldn't have been found for free by watching a YouTube video on how to arm knit. In fact, I had already learned how to arm knit by watching a YouTube video prior to buying this book online. 

I guess the redeeming feature of Learn to Arm Knit by Leisure Arts for me was the photo gallery showcasing various arm knitted scarves and the index that followed stating which yarns were used. I also think that that the finger crochet scarf is worthwhile and I look forward to making it in the future as well.

Which knitting books have you found to be invaluable in your journey to becoming a better knitter?

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog post!! Happy knitting!

5 comments:

  1. That's a cool scarf!!! Too bad it hasn't been cold enough to wear scarfs here in SoCal or I would be ordering you a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the compliment!! I loved making this scarf last December and matching knit hand warmers for myself and for a couple of other people for the Christmas holiday.

    It gets unbelievably cold up here during the winter months in NorCal. Ugh, I miss SoCal weather so much and last winter was supposedly a mild NorCal winter... I'm in big trouble if the weather is colder this winter, lol!!

    I seriously do not know how I survived my college days in Iowa... Now that was cold during the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...we're pretty lucky about our weather down here.

      I used to love the cold but as I'm getting older, my body can't tolerate it as much. So you won't be seeing staying anywhere super cold for more than a couple days.

      Delete
    2. I'm with you on not tolerating the colder weather now that I am older!! If it is below 65 degrees, I'm wearing a jacket, especially if it's windy!!

      Delete