Sunday, July 12, 2015

Which Yarncrafting Tools Are Allowed In Carry-On Luggage??

I usually don't fly on board airplanes very often, but soon I will be taking a domestic airline flight to visit my parents. To pass the time waiting to board my flight and during the actual flight itself, I usually find myself reading a book or magazine when flying solo.

Now that I am a new knitter, I wondered if TSA actually allows knitting or crochet needles to be taken aboard an airplane in one's carry-on luggage?

Lucky for me, I found the following article on Lion Brand Yarn's blog titled Which Crafting Tools Are Allowed In Carry-On Luggage? by Sarah. In the article, Sarah writes:
Are knitting needles and crochet hooks allowed in carry-on luggage? 
Knitting needles and crochet hooks are permitted by the TSA in carry-on luggage on domestic flights in the US. Savvy travelers suggest that you carry wooden or plastic needles over metal and bring circular knitting needles instead of straights which might seem more obtrusive. If you are travelling internationally be sure to check the guidelines of your airline and security agencies abroad. You may be allowed to fly into a country with knitting needles in your carry-on but be required to check them on your return flight.
Scissors with blades less than four inches are also allowed to be brought on board an aircraft in one's carry-on luggage, which I found surprising! I wouldn't think TSA would allow scissors at all.

Click on the above link to read more information about what can be brought on board an airline flight and other helpful links.

I hope you found the above information informative. Happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment