Saturday, August 8, 2015

A 5-Step Guide to Creating Your Own Yarncrafting Wellness Plan

I've read a few online articles regarding the many positive health benefits of knitting and yarncrafting in general. I've even posted a couple of the articles I've read about the health benefits of knitting here on my blog last month.

I recently came across an interesting article written by Kathryn Vercillo titled A 5-Step Guide to Creating Your Own Yarncrafting Wellness Plan on Lion Brand Yarn's Blog. Wow, I never really thought about using a five step guide to create my own knitting/yarncrafting wellness plan!! But a 5-step yarn crafting wellness does sound like an intriguing concept to explore.

I have personally found knitting to be a relaxing and enjoyable hobby for me. I love learning new things, so knitting is a perfect outlet for me. Plus, knitting is very portable! I also enjoy seeing how my various knitting projects turn out... It's fun to see a skein of yarn be transformed into something usable. Additionally, I enjoy watching my knitting skills improve over time with each new project I complete. 

But, back to Kathryn Vercillo's article... Her article really has me wondering if it is possible to create a wellness plan using yarncrafting in mind. Is it possible to see positive results/real changes in one's health for the better by creating a 5-step wellness plan? 

After reading Kathryn Vercillo's article, A 5-Step Guide to Creating Your Own Yarncrafting Wellness PlanI am ready to create my own wellness plan and see if it will help me improve/overcome my sleep issues. I've been suffering with insomnia off and on for more years than I care to admit. I've tried various things in attempts to overcome my insomnia with mixed results. I am ready to try something new. So, perhaps now is the time use the tools outlined in Kathryn Vercillo's above mentioned article and see if they'll work for me. 

The first step is to create my own 5 step yarncrafting wellness plan and then implement it. I'll keep you posted on my progress and how things turn out for me.

Until my next post, happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment