Friday, September 18, 2015

Newsprint Poncho (Pattern L32425) --- Beginning Knit Pattern From Lion Brand Yarn

Finished Newsprint Poncho
I knitted my very first poncho to wear for the upcoming Fall and Winter months. And the poncho I knitted turned out fabulously, if I do say so myself! This is the most advanced knitting project that I have made to date.

I used Lion Brand Pattern L32425 to make the Newsprint Poncho. This pattern is for the beginner and it may be downloaded for FREE from the Lion Brand website. Simply visit the Lion Brand website and search for the pattern using the pattern number listed above.

I made my poncho using Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® Yarn in the color called Blackstone. I also used size 13 (9mm), 29-inch wood circular knitting needles to make my version of the Newsprint Poncho. As an FYI, the pattern calls for five skeins of Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® Yarn, but I only ended up needing four skeins of yarn to make the Newsprint Poncho. I noticed a couple of the other online reviews of this particular Lion Brand pattern also mentioned only needing four skeins of  Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® Yarn as well. So, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who ended up using less yarn than called for my poncho.

I'm really happy with how well my knitting skills have improved since I began knitting last year. And, of course, I look forward to wearing my Newsprint Poncho in the months to come. Above is a photograph of me wearing the completed Newsprint Poncho I made for myself. I tried taking various pictures of me wearing my handmade poncho in natural lighting with a better background than in my kitchen, but alas I couldn't obtain a good photograph of the poncho that showed it colors and texture properly like the photograph above.

Until my next post, happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment