Friday, October 16, 2015

A Yarn Less Raveled --- Independent Yarn Store in Danville, California

Visiting independent yarn stores is something I am striving to do more frequently as I become more vested in knitting as a hobby and also as my knitting skills continue to improve over time. 

I also enjoy promoting and shopping at small, locally owned businesses as they are essential to the local economy and they are also a valuable resource for the community. I strongly feel that independent yarn stores are a valuable resource for knitters and crocheters alike. Independent yarn stores have knowledgeable sales staff that are passionate about knitting and crocheting and enjoy sharing their expertise with their customers. They also carry a wide variety of yarns in just about every color imaginable, as well as needles and accessories, plus offer classes, and so much more.

Luckily, I had the wonderful opportunity of visiting a delightful independent yarn store in Danville, California called A Yarn Less Raveled earlier this week. It was my first time visiting A Yarn Less Raveled and W-O-W, what a fabulous yarn store it was to visit!!

A Yarn Less Raveled is a delightful yarn store. As I walked in the front door, I noticed that A Yarn Less Raveled was a happening place to visit as it was filled with rather large group of satisfied looking customers. I also noticed that there's a nice sized circular table near the entrance of A Yarn Less Raveled where I noticed a group of people sitting around it working on various yarncrafting projects. Additionally, I also noticed quite a few other customers shopping in the store as well.

A Yarn Less Raveled is a nice sized yarn store. The layout of A Yarn Less Raveled is wonderful and well organized. The displays are well placed and nicely done... And the flow of the store is well thought out. I aslo liked the yarn samples that showed off what the various skeins of yarn looked like when it was knitted or crocheted. I found the staff on hand were friendly in greeting customers and helpful in answering customer questions and ringing up sales. 

Several knitting and crochet classes are offered at A Yarn Less Raveled and you can sign up for classes online.

I ended up purchasing two skeins of teal colored ribbon yarn to make a ripple scarf. I wasn't planning on purchasing anything during my visit to A Yarn Less Raveled, but when I saw the ripple scarf on display in A Yarn Less Raveled I found myself wanting to make one myself. After purchasing two skeins of yarns from A Yarn Less Raveled, I received a free pattern to make the ripple scarf. I am excited about making the ripple scarf once I've completed a few other knitting projects that I am currently working on now.

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit at A Yarn Less Raveled and have the feeling that I'll be visiting A Yarn Less Raveled again in the future.

Until my next post, happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment