Saturday, October 17, 2015

I Love Yarn Day 2015!!


I learned that today is I Love Yarn Day through Craft Yarn Council. So, if you're a knitter, crocheter, or another type of yarn crafter then today is cause for celebration! Check out the websites above to learn more about I Love Yarn Day 2015 as there are contests to enter, free patterns available to download, and so much more.

I love my new found hobby of knitting. I enjoy the creative process of transforming skeins of yarn into something beautiful and useful. I am always amazed at how the finished product turns out once I finished knitting a project. I also find that knitting is a great way to relieve stress and unwind, which is another wonderful perk of knitting. Building my knitting skills is also a good thing... I've recently learned how to work the slip stitch and how to pick up dropped stitches.

Yarn (and needles) are the basic tools to begin knitting (or crocheting) any project. I've become quite the yarn enthusiast since I've become a knitter... So much so that I have accrued quite the yarn stash. I may need to find new ways of storing my yarn stash.

The world of yarn is wide and vast... The various colors yarn comes in, the type of materials that comprise each skein of yarn, the various thicknesses of different skeins only begins to describe the different types of yarn out there on the market. There seems to be endless possibilities when it comes to what yarns will look like.

As far as yarns go, I mostly seem to work with bulky yarns as they are easy to work with and make starting and finishing a project quick work. I've recently begun working on a project that calls for worsted weight yarn, so I am having fun expanding my knitting horizons.

Aside from making a blog post about I Love Yarn Day 2015, I have no special plans. I may visit a yarn store later today.

What do you like about yarn? Do you knit, crochet, or both? Do you have a favorite yarn you like using? Will you be doing anything special on I Love Yarn Day 2015 to celebrate the wonderful world or yarn and crafting?

No comments:

Post a Comment