Monday, November 2, 2015

Red Heart® Super Saver® Chunky Colorful Knit Cowl

A few months ago I visited Michaels to purchase some skeins of yarn for a knitting project I was working on at the time. While perusing the various yarns in stock at Michaels, I came across a free knitting pattern titled Red Heart® Super Saver® Chunky Colorful Knit Cowl. I quickly discovered that this pattern was not only cute, but meant for a beginning knitter like myself, so I decided to make the Chunky Colorful Knit Cowl. 

However, I decided to use a different brand of yarn and in a different color than the one suggested for the pattern. Instead, I used Craft Smart™ Yarn in the Desert color as I thought this colorway made the perfect color to wear throughout the Fall season and into the Winter months. I used Clover Bamboo 16'' Circular Knitting Needle -- Size 13 to make this cowl.

The Red Heart® Super Saver® Chunky Colorful Knit Cowl is easy to make, but it wasn't a quick project... Or at least it wasn't for me. I found that it took me much longer than expected to knit it as the directions said it would take roughly 3 hours to make this cowl. Once completed though, I really liked the look of the Red Heart® Super Saver® Chunky Colorful Knit Cowl.

I actually made the Chunky Colorful Knit Cowl to give my grandmother for Christmas this year. I hope that she will enjoy wearing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment