Saturday, January 30, 2016

Purlescence Yarns

This past Friday afternoon, I visited Purlescence Yarns, which is a yarn store, in Mountain View, California. While I was there, I took a look at their knitting supplies.

I was warmly greeted by one of the owners of Purlescence Yarns, Sandi, who made me feel very welcomed upon entering their retail store! I had also mentioned to Sandi that I had my latest knitting project with me. She had invited me to bring it in and knit in the store in an area already set up for customers to knit at while visiting the store. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay long enough to do any knitting while I was at Purlescence Yarns.


I did however have an enjoyable visit while at Purlescence Yarns. They carry various yarn brands in many different colorways and weights of yarn in stock for purchase. There was also a nice supply of knitting needles, crochet needles and other notions as well as a nice selection of books for purchase as well. 


Purlescence Yarns also offers classes. One of the things that caught my attention while shopping at Purlescence Yarns is that they sell spinning wheels and looms!! Sarah, who works at Purlescence, gave me a quick demonstration as to how a spinning wheel works. Not many yarn stores I've been too have spinning wheels and looms for sale or even offer classes on how to do wheel spinning or how to use a loom. How cool is that!!

Have you visited any yarn stores or taken any knitting or crocheting classes lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment