Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Joys of Knitting Handmade Gifts!

I love knitting!! I have become quite addicted to my new hobby hobby such that I frequently find myself knitting various things. I've actually completed making six projects this month alone and January isn't even over with yet.

I recently completed making two arm knitted infinity scarves and two sets of knit cuffs using Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Yarn in the Velvet color from Michaels for both projects. 

I used Lion Brand beginning knit pattern 90239B to make the knit cuffs. This is an easy pattern to knit using the garter stitch. The knit cuffs can easily be made in a few hours... Give the knit cuffs as gifts or make and keep a few pairs for yourself. Since I've begun knitting, I've knitted eight pairs of knit cuffs using the above mentioned Lion Brand pattern.

To make the arm knitted infinity scarves I made, watch the following video produced by Michaels on YouTube:



I've made roughly five arm knitted infinity scarves using the above pattern provided by Michaels. Arm knitting is a quick and fabulous way of making a scarf in a short amount of time.

I also liked using the Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Yarn. Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Yarn is a super bulky year. It also feels soft to the touch and it comes in a variety of nice colors.

Anyway, my grandma's birthday is coming up on January 25th, so I sent her one of the infinity scarves I made as well as a pair of the knit cuffs for her birthday.

The other infinity scarf and pair of knit cuffs is going to my cousin, who loves the color purple!

Until my next post, happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment