Friday, February 26, 2016

Selecting The Right Dye For Your Yarn Fiber

Yesterday, I posted a video from YouTube on how to dye yarn with Kool-Aid. Now, I really want to dye yarn with Kool-Aid and see how the yarn turns out.

After watching the video on how to dye yarn with Kool-Aid, I wondered what other things one can use to dye yarn with and which yarn fiber to use with each particular dye. 

I discovered an article on Lion Brand Yarn's blog titled Yarn Dyeing: Selecting the Right Dye for Your Fiber by Jess. I found the article to be informative for those wanting to dye their own yarns! 

In the article, Jess writes the following:
Dyeing your own yarn is the perfect way to customize your yarncrafting project, but not all dyes will work on every fiber. Before you begin, it’s critical to make sure you use the correct dye to ensure that your color comes out great. Consider this your cheat sheet for which common dyes will work with which fibers.
Click on the above link to read the entire article.

Until my next post, happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment