Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Adventure Circle #Scarfie Made From Alpaca Yarn!!

Misti Alpaca Yarn 100% Alpaca Yarn
In January, I purchased a skein of Misti Alpaca Yarn 100% Alpaca Yarn in the Faberge colorway. Let me just say how SOFT this alpaca yarn is to the touch!!! I've never worked with 100% alpaca yarn before and I love the feel of this yarn. If this yarn wasn't so pricey per skein, I'd work with 100% alpaca yarn more often!

I was trying to decide what to make with this particular skein of yarn, when I came across a FREE Lion Brand Yarn knitting pattern for a cowl from their website called: 

Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick ® Adventure Circle #Scarfie Pattern Number: L40501B.... Just visit the Lion Brand Yarns website and type in the pattern number above to find the pattern if interested making this cowl... It's a fun, fast, and easy project to make in the round using circular knitting needles and using the seed stitch pattern.

I did have to make some adjustments to this pattern though... The above Lion Brand Yarn pattern calls for a super bulky weight yarn to be used when knitting this pattern in the round. More specifically, it calls for the use of one skein of Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick ®. I used the Misti Alpaca Yarn, which is a bulky weight yarn and it isn't as thick as the super bulky yarn called for in the pattern. What does this mean for me? It means that I had to cast on more stitches in order to have this cowl fit me.

I cast on 63 stitches instead of the 41 stitches called for in the Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick ® Adventure Circle #Scarfie Pattern in hopes this would be large enough to fit around my neck. It ends up this amount of stitches made the cowl too large for me. 

I am not going to undo this project and redo it again... I already made two mistakes while working on this project and it took some time to correct the issues to make the project look good. This is the main reason why I'm not redoing this project. I'll just make a note for myself to cast on less than 63 stitches the next time I make this cowl.

I am happy over all with how this Adventure Circle #Scarfie turned out. I look forward to making more of them in the future in different colorways as this pattern is easy to make and would make awesome gifts to give family and friends.

Adventure Circle #Scarfie

Until my next post, happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment