Thursday, March 24, 2016

Another Adventure Circle #Scarfie Completed

Earlier this month I made a Lion Brand Yarns pattern called Adventure Circle #Scarfie (Pattern Number: L40501B) with 100% baby alpaca yarn.
Adventure Circle #Scarfie 

The Adventure Circle #Scarfie is such a fun, quick, and easy project to knit, that I decided to make another one of these cute cowl, scarves last weekend! 

This time around though, I decided to make the Adventure Circle #Scarfie with a different brand of yarn and in a different colorway. I chose to use Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Marls Yarn in the Very Cherry Marl colorway. The Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Marls Yarn is a super bulky weight (6) yarn, so I was able to make the Lion Brand Yarns Adventure Circle #Scarfie (Pattern Number: L40501B) as directed and it worked out perfectly for me.

The only thing negative I have to say, is that I didn't love working with the Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Marls Yarn. I'd recently bought this yarn on sale from Michaels for 50% off the regular price. The Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Marls Yarn feels a bit rough to me and the colorway wasn't even in a couple of places. I also didn't like that the yarn itself separates easily in places. So, for me, the quality of the Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Marls Yarn wasn't up to snuff.

Unfortunately, I bought two more skeins of the Loops & Threads Cozy Wool Marls Yarn in different colors, so I will use them to make a few more Adventure Circle #Scarfies. But after that, I won't be buying any more skeins of this yarn to use on any projects in the future.

You may find the Lion Brand Yarns Adventure Circle #Scarfie (Pattern Number: L40501B) on the Lion Brand Yarns website and download the pattern for FREE. Just visit the Lion Brand Yarns website and type in the pattern number in the search box provided on their website.

Until my next post, happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment