Thursday, March 24, 2016

How Early In The Year Do You Start Making Gifts For Christmas?

Last year, I waited until September before I started making hand knitted items to give as gifts to family and friends for the Christmas holiday season. I was able to finish knitting most of the projects I had started making well before Christmas, but not all of them. 

In addition to Christmas gifts, I also have a few family members and friends with Fall birthdays that I would like to make hand knitted items for this year as well.

So, I'm on a mission to start making birthday and Christmas gifts even earlier this year than I did last year. I simply want to allow myself enough time to make the gifts I want to give as gifts this year. Especially, when I'd like to make more elaborate gifts than scarves, cowls, hats, and knit cuffs to those that have already received this type of hand knitted items as gifts from me in previous years.

I'm currently in the planning stages right now. I'm deciding on which projects to make for which person. Hopefully, I'll start making gifts as early as next month.

Do you make gifts for family members and friends for their birthdays and holidays? How far in advance do you start making gifts for them?

Until my next post, happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment