Monday, March 7, 2016

Sandy's Rasta Cowl

Earlier today, I finished knitting my first cowl neck scarf on circular knitting needles in the round!! I'm so excited about completing my first knitting project in the round as, quite frankly, I had been a little bit intimated by knitting an item in the round using circular knitting needles. 

Before I knitted in the round, I'd have to sew my knitting projects together in order to complete them. With circular knitting needles, there's no need for me to sew items together to finish the item... The advantage of knitting an item in the round is not having a seam!

I used a pattern called Sandy's Rasta Cowl to make my cowl using one skein of Malabrigo Rasta Yarn (super bulky yarn) in the Queguay colorway. The knitting pattern was obtained from an independent yarn store in Pleasanton, California called Knit This, Purl That

Sandy's Rasta Cowl is an easy pattern for the beginning knitter like myself. The directions were very clearly written and easy to follow. It was my first time knitting with Malabrigo yarn. I love the soft feel of Malabrigos Rasta Yarn and the exquisite, super saturated color of Malabrigo Rasta Yarn I used to complete my cowl... I definitely look forward knitting another cowl using Malabrigo Rasta Yarn in a different color.

To make my version of Sandy's Rasta Cowl, I used Deborah Norville size US 17, 16-inch circular knitting needles. 

Below are pictures of the cowl I made!

Sandy's Rasta Cowl

Sandy's Rasta Cowl ~ Close Up Picture to See Stitches!

Until my next post, happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment