Sunday, April 10, 2016

San Francisco Museum of Craft & Design

My husband and I visited the San Francisco Museum of Craft & Design yesterday afternoon. What a small, wonderful museum to visit!! I wasn't expecting much from the San Francisco Museum of Craft & Design, but it packs a punch and the exhibits knocked our socks off.

Normally, showcasing a museum wouldn't be something I'd think about highlighting in a blog post here on my knitting blog. However, I did view some nice textile artwork on exhibit during our visit to the San Francisco Museum of Craft & Design.

We Couldn't Get In, We Couldn't Get Out by LJ Roberts
For instance, I saw the piece to the left by LJ Roberts and titled 'We Couldn't Get In, We Couldn't Get Out' made in 2007-2008 -- Crank Knit Yarn, Handwoven Wire, Assorted Hardware.

Gotta love the bright neon pink yarn color of LJ Roberts' artwork!

I also saw some wonderful pieces of textile artwork done by both Lia Cook and Carole Beadle while at the San Francisco Museum of Craft & Design... Their work is quite awesome to see in person. I highly recommend visiting the San Francisco Museum of Craft & Design before August 7, 2016 to see their work on exhibit.

Until my next post, happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment