Friday, May 27, 2016

What Are You Currently Knitting Or Crocheting?

Memorial Day Weekend is upon us... So, happy Memorial Day Weekend to you all!! I hope you all have a fun, safe, and enjoyable weekend in celebration of the occasion. 

Will you be knitting or crocheting over the holiday weekend? If so, please share which project you are currently working on and any details you would like to include. I'd love to hear about what you're working on.

I am currently knitting a cowl using a Lion Brand pattern I downloaded for FREE from the Lion Brand website called the Cabildo Cowl (Pattern Number 90620AD). I've only recently started making this cowl and have knitted eight rows so far. The Cabildo Cowl pattern uses the seed stitch, which has recently become my favorite knit stitch to use these days... The pattern is turning out lovely so far. I am eagerly looking forward to seeing the final results/completed project look when I am finished knitting the cowl. 

The Cabildo Cowl is made using super bulky yarn. The pattern specifically calls for the use of Lion Brand's Hometown USA yarn and the use of US size 13, 29-circular knitting needles. I've chosen to use another brand of super bulky yarn in a red color instead of using the Hometown USA yarn that was suggested. To learn more specifics about the Cabildo Cowl pattern and download the pattern for free, visit the Lion Brand website and search for Pattern Number 90620AD.

As a side note, I am actually making the Cabildo Cowl for a Christmas gift... Yes, I am trying to make handmade Christmas gifts super early this year. By making Christmas gifts as early as possible throughout the year, I (hopefully) won't be stressing out closer to Christmas trying to finish making gifts.

Until my next post, happy knitting and crocheting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment