Thursday, June 30, 2016

Yarn Haul June 2016

Caron United Worsted Weight Yarn in Dark Green

This month, I've added eight skeins of yarn to my knitting stash. 

I purchased four skeins of Caron United worsted weight yarn in the Dark Green colorway on clearance for $1.29 per skein (normally $3.49 per skein) from Michaels. 

The dark green color of the Caron United yarn looks more like the green color used for military camouflage fatigues, which isn't a color green I normally gravitate towards. However, I thought the green color could be used to make a scarf or wrap for someone for the Christmas holiday this year. So, with that in mind, I decided to purchase enough skeins of the Caron United worsted weight yarn in the Dark Green colorway to make the Michaels Honeycomb Knit Wrap (pattern #81092). 

Koigu Bulky Merino Yarn B61 Colorway

I also purchased four skeins of Koigu Bulky Merino Handpainted Yarn in the B61 coloway on clearance from an independent yarn store. I love the the multicolored skeins of Koigu Bulky Merino Handpainted Yarn. I'm not sure what I'll be making with this yarn yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something awesome to make with it.

As a side note, I have so many knitting projects set aside to make for family and friends for the Christmas holiday this year, that I am hoping to have them ALL completed before mid-December!! I decided to start making Christmas gifts early this year, I think I may have become a bit too ambitious and have decided to make larger, more intricate projects than last year.

Let's keep my fingers crossed that I am able to complete all of my knitted projects/gifts ahead of time for the holiday season.

Until my next post, happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment