Sunday, October 2, 2016

Knitting Update!!

Last month, I wrote a post about a prayer shawl I'm working on for my mother-in-law. This month, I'm still working on the prayer shawl to give to my mother-in-law as a gift and it's a labor of love. I have made quite a bit of progress on the prayer shawl during the past month.

In case you haven't read my post last month, I am making the prayer shawl using the garter stitch. I'm making the prayer shawl with three skeins of Lion Brand's Homespun Yarn in the Vintage colorway. I've knitted  a total of 32 inches of the pray shawl so far and am close to finishing the second skein of yarn. Yay, I am so happy that I am finally making some serious progress on this prayer shawl!!

If I were to work solely on this prayer shawl, I may be able to finish knitting it by the end of the October... However,  I have abandoned knitting my very first cardigan sweater about six months ago due to a mistake I need to still fix. My goal this year is to make my very first sweater. If I even have a remote chance of finishing my cardigan sweater before the end of 2016, I'd better starting working on it now!! Additionally, I plan on starting a new knitting project soon called the Painted Zig Zag Scarf

The goal, for me, is to finish making the prayer shawl before Christmas to give to my mother-in-law and finish my cardigan sweater before the end of the year so that I can start wearing it as soon as possible. I'd also like to start and finish the Painted Zig Zag Scarf by the end of the year as well.

So, what knitting or crocheting projects are you working on??

Until next time, happy crafty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment