Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My First Attempt At Dyeing Yarn With Tea

I used one skein of Lily's Sugar N' Cream 100% white cotton yarn, which I unwound from the skein into a long loose strand. 

I then soaked the entire amount of Lily's Sugar N' Cream 100% white cotton yarn in eight cups of hot water that I used to brew 11 bags of black tea in advance prior to adding the yarn. 

I left the yarn to soak in the black tea for 92 hours. The yarn color turned out nicely. My only minor issue/complaint is the unevenness of the yarn color after dyeing it with black tea. The color of the yarn turned out slightly variegated instead of one even overall color.

I plan to use the ball of yarn I've dyed with black tea, along with the ball of yarn I dyed last month with the Country Time Strawberry Lemonade, to knit a tea cozy.

Until my next post, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment