Thursday, December 15, 2016

Another Prayer Shawl Complete!!

About 6.5 months ago, I began knitting a prayer shawl to give to my mother-in-law after my father-in-law passed away from an aggressive form of lymphoma cancer at the end of May of this year. 

I've worked on the prayer shawl off and on while working other knitting projects. I am very happy now that I've now finally completed the prayer shawl and will be able to give it to my mother-in-law for Christmas this year. 

I knitted the prayer shawl using three skeins of Lion Brand's Homespun Yarn in the Vintage colorway. I love the color of Lion Brand's Homespun Yarn in the Vintage colorway. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the dye lot of each skein to make sure they matched when I purchased the skeins!! So, two of the skeins of yarn match exactly and the remaining skein of yarn is totally off, which sucks big time!! Call it a lesson learned and (hopefully) one I will not make again in the future.

As far as Lion Brand's Homespun Yarn, I am not thrilled with this yarn in general. Sure it's soft to the touch, which is a plus. And it's a very nice looking boucle yarn at a good price point... But, it frays easily. Additionally, I found knots in several places in each skein as well as a few major variations in thickness in a couple of spots in two of the skeins. I still have about five skeins of this yarn left to use for other knitting projects, but I won't go out of my way to use this yarn again for future projects.

Dimensions for the prayer shawl are as follows:

Approximately 53.5 inches in length.
Approximately 23.5 inches in width.

Until my next post, happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment