Friday, January 27, 2017

Knit Cowl With a POP of Color!

I started and finished making a cowl using a pattern I discovered on the Michaels website called the 'Loops & Threads® Charisma™ Charismatic Knit Cowl' for my grandmother's birthday this month.

It took approximately 1.5 skeins of Loops & Threads® Charisma™ yarn in the color of your choice to make the  'Loops & Threads® Charisma™ Charismatic Knit Cowl'. I chose to use Loops & Threads® Charisma™ yarn in the Bright Pop colorway. I love the orange and pink colors found in the Bright Pop colorway.


This was the first time I ever knitted the 'Loops & Threads® Charisma™ Charismatic Knit Cowl' and I think it is a pretty pattern overall. The 'Loops & Threads® Charisma™ Charismatic Knit Cowl'  is made using circular knitting needles and the pattern is rated an intermediate pattern, although I felt it was an easy pattern to make. The only minor complaint I have with this pattern is that when changing stitches at the end of a row in the round looks uneven, which sucks! Otherwise I like this pattern and how it looks.

As far as the Loops & Threads® Charisma™ yarn goes, I feel it has plenty of pros and cons. 

The pros for Loops & Threads® Charisma™ yarn: 

I like the color choices for this yarn as there are several solid and also multi-color skeins to choose from to make various knitting or crochet projects. I love how soft this yarn feels to the touch. I also find the Loops & Threads® Charisma™ yarn to be reasonably priced and I've seen it on sale frequently on Michaels website, making it an even better deal. I also love that it is a bulky yarn and works up fast.

The cons for Loops & Threads® Charisma™ yarn: 

Sometimes the thickness of this yarn varies throughout a skein. In one of the skeins I used to make this project, the yarn wasn't dyed correctly in a small section, so there was a white streak and also a knot. Additionally, I'd like to add that this yarn isn't of the highest quality, meaning that the yarn can become fuzzy, separate, or pill easily, especially if overworked.

I plan to make more cowls using the 'Loops & Threads® Charisma™ Charismatic Knit Cowl'  pattern with the Loops & Threads® Charisma™ in the future even though I feel like the pattern and yarn weren't perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment