Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Here's What I Am Currently Knitting!

Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in the Minty Colorway

Right now, I have two major knitting projects on needles. I am in the middle of knitting two Cancun Boxy Lace Tops designed by Erin Kate Archer... One of the Cancun Boxy Lace Tops is for myself and the other one is for my mom.

I finished knitting the first panel for my mom's Cancun Boxy Lace Top last month. Click on the second link to see the colorway I am knitting for my mom.

I'm now knitting the first panel for the Cancun Boxy Lace Top I am making for myself. See the picture above. I love the beautiful color I am using to make my Cancun Boxy Lace Top... It's a beautiful bluish-green and reminds me of seaglass. 

Unfortunately, I am not loving the feel of the yarn I am using for my top. I am using Red Heart's Super Saver Yarn (worsted weight yarn) and it is 100% acrylic. This is my first time using Red Heart's Super Saver Yarn. Not only does this yearn feel kind of rough, it isn't the best quality. I find it frays easily and/or unravels during use.

I've used 100% acrylic yarn in bulky and super bulky weights with decent/acceptable results, but have found that 100% acrylic worsted weight yarn isn't so lovely in my opinion.

At any rate, I am hoping to complete both Cancun Boxy Lace Tops before summer is over, so that my mom and I may enjoy wearing them while it is still warm outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment