Monday, July 24, 2017

Least Favorite Yarn to Knit, Crochet, Or Craft With

Ugh, I've recently discovered that there are certain yarns I'd rather not use to knit with at all!! 

I'm currently knitting a top using Red Heart's Super Saver Yarn and I am not loving this yarn at all... The only positives I can write about Red Heart's Super Saver Yarn are that there is a wide range of spectacular colorways of this yarn, the yarn is inexpensive, and the yarn is easy to care for in that one can be put it in the washer and dryer. 

Otherwise, I am not impressed with Red Heart's Super Saver yarn. Red Heart's Super Saver yarn is a 100% acrylic, worsted weight yarn and has two qualities I don't like in yarn: 

1. It feels rough to the touch... Not something one wants to feel in a garment they'll be wearing close to their skin. 

2. I also have discovered that this yarn unravels/frays easily, which doesn't make the fabric look good and screams of cheap yarn!


I also recently tried knitting with Lion Brand's Landscapes Yarn, which is a worsted weight yarn and 100% acrylic. Lion Brand's Landscapes Yarn is soft to the touch and comes in beautiful colorways, but it didn't work up well either. I didn't like this yarn at all and gave up using it altogether and threw it out as it easily frayed and turned fuzzy while knitting with it.

The interesting thing is that I've used 100% acrylic yarn in the bulky or super bulky weight and have had positive results using the yarn despite it being 100% acrylic. But for whatever reason, using worsted weight yarn that is 100% acrylic simply hasn't worked out very well for me for the most part.

What's your least favorite yarn to crochet, knit, or craft with?

No comments:

Post a Comment