Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Favorite Yarn to Knit With to Date!

Yesterday, I wrote a review of my least favorite yarn to knit with to date. So today, I thought it would be appropriate to share my most favorite yarns to knit with!

In general, I tend to gravitate towards using super bulky and bulky weight yarns. Super bulky and bulky weight yarns are great to make items with to wear during the colder fall and winter months. Additionally, due to their thickness, super bulky and bulky yarns are helpful in swiftly knitting or crocheting up projects for oneself or others.

With that said, I am a HUGE fan of Malabrigo's Rasta Yarn, which is a super bulky weight yarn from Peru that is made from 100% Merino Wool. The colorways for Malabrigo's Rasta Yarn are exquisitely beautiful!! The Malabrigo Rasta Yarn is soft to the touch and a great overall quality yarn. At this point in time, I'd say that Malabrigo's Rasta Yarn is my favorite yarn to knit with. Unfortunately, due to the price per hank for Malabrigo's Rasta Yarn, I've only used it to make cowls with verses using it to make larger projects like sweaters. 

I also really enjoy knitting with Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Yarn, which is also a super bulky weight yarn with 80% acrylic and 20% wool fiber content. I've used several skeins of Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Yarn to make at least 12 different knitted projects to date. Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Yarn is a soft to the touch, comes in a wide variety of colorways, and is reasonably priced.

So, which brands of yarn do you love to knit, crochet, or craft with?

No comments:

Post a Comment