Sunday, July 16, 2017

Yarn Garage Sale!

Items I bagged and labeled to be sold at the yarn garage sale.

A couple of weekends ago, a local yarn store in Walnut Creek, California hosted their annual yarn garage sale. They were allowing their customers an opportunity to sell any of their unwanted yarn at a discount for other yarn lovers to purchase at their storefront the weekend of Friday, July 7 through Sunday, July 9, 2017.

I decided to go through my extremely large yarn stash and weed out anything I no longer wanted to use and sell it at the yarn garage sale. One could also sell knitting books, knitting needles, and other knitting notions. I found 18 items in my personal collection to sell at this year’s garage sale. All profits on items I sold (minus a 25% commission to the yarn store for selling my items) are given in the form of a store credit to buy more yarn or other knitting supplies. Pretty cool, right? It's a win-win situation if you ask me.

I ended up earning $12.75 dollars, which equates to only about 25% of the items I wanted to sell. I used the money earned from selling my items toward purchasing a skein of Malabrigo's super bulky Rasta yarn in the Archangel colorway. The remaining items that didn’t sell, I left behind to be donated to a charity as I do not want to use the items any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment